VerdanTech respect and value the privacy of its clients and is committed to protecting the privacy and personal information of the users of this website.
WHEN VERDANTECH COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
VerdanTech may collect personal information in the following circumstances:
– When a user visit the VerdanTech website or social media channels;
– When a user logs an enquiry on the VerdanTech website or other electronic channels;
– When a user subscribes to the VerdanTech newsletter or other subscriptions;
– When a user participates in customer surveys or market research;
– When a user contacts VerdanTech; and/or
When a user give consent to a third party to send VerdanTech personal information about such user.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
VerdanTech considers all information that could identify a user directly or indirectly as personal information.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT DATA AND INFORMATION
– Browser information;
– Duration of visit;
– Web pages visited;
– Hyperlinks selected;
– Information about connections, such as IP addresses;
– Personal information voluntary provided, including information about identity, names, addresses, postal codes, places of residence, countries, phone and mobile numbers, email addresses and any other personal information, commercial relationships, enquiries or communications with VerdanTech or third parties, preferences and interests; and
– Technical information, including IP addresses and navigations.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
VerdanTech processes personal information on the following legal grounds:
– For the performance of a contract;
– For the purpose of legitimate interest, including marketing purposes; and/or
– For compliance with legal obligations.
VerdanTech process personal information for the following purposes on noted legal grounds:
– Website administration;
– To provide relevant content;
– To approach users;
– To promote services;
– To contact users via email, messages, phone or other means;
– To understand how users are using websites and related services;
– To improve the VerdanTech website, including website administration;
– To personalise user experience, content and advertisements on the VerdanTech website;
– To manage user requests, including complaints and right to access;
– To rectify, oppose and/or remove personal information;
– To manage customer relationships, including newsletters and surveys;
– To comply with legal requirements based on laws and regulations; and
– For the prevention and detection of fraud.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
User comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
VerdanTech will only share personal information in the following circumstance:
– When third party processors are used to process personal information and data;
– Where required to do so by courts, laws or legislations;
– To law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties holding a valid court order or substantially similar legal procedure, unless it is assumed in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary and legitimate to protect the safety or rights of a third party or to protect VerdanTech’s rights.
VerdanTech will, for as long as personal information is used, and for a period of twelve (12) months thereafter, keep a record of any third parties to whom any personal information was voluntarily disclosed, the date of disclosure and the purpose of the disclosure.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
VerdanTech will retain personal information for a period necessary to fulfil the purposes of processing of such personal information. Personal information linked to an account may be retained until the deletion of the account, and for a period of twelve (12) months thereafter, unless a longer retention period is required for services or in dispute or as permitted by any law or regulation.
VerdanTech will delete and/or destroy any personal information which has become obsolete.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
VerdanTech take reasonable organisational and technical measures to help secure personal information and to help prevent unauthorised access, illegal processing or distribution, or accidental loss, modification or destruction thereof. VerdanTech implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of personal information. Personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
– Essential Cookies: those used to navigate the website necessary for the basic functioning of the website,. Such cookies will always be enabled.
– Non-essential Cookies: Use of third party cookies that assist in analysing and understanding users’ use of this website. Such cookies will be stored in the users’ browser only with such users’ consent. The users have the option to ‘opt-out’ of such non-essential cookies, although the opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on the users’ browsing experience. Such cookies are used specifically to collect users’ personal information via analytics, ads, other embedded contents.
The social media buttons on the VerdanTech website are links to specific social media pages. If the users click on such a social media button, the users’ personal information will be processed by the specific social media service.
Most browsers allow users to reject all cookies providing a corresponding manual to reject cookies. The users should bear in mind that the rejection of cookies may result in a non-functioning or poorly functioning website.
USER RIGHTS OVER PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
Users have the right to:
– Access, rectify, limit, oppose and/or delete personal information;
– Withdraw consent to use personal information;
– Request correction of inaccurate, incomplete or out of date personal information;
– Object to the use of personal information for marketing purposes;
– Request restriction on the processing of personal information;
– Request the transfer of its own personal information to another controller;
COMPLAINTS, REQUESTS AND OBJECTIONS
Users may submit complaints, requests and objections to VerdanTech via email. Objections and insight requests, corrections, deletions or transfers will be executed, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, notwithstanding exceptions, within four (4) weeks of receiving any request or objection. VerdanTech however reserves the right not to respond or attend to unfounded or excessive requests or objections.
If a user is not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint, it may contact the Information Regulator and file a complaint if personal information is misused.
These Terms & Conditions are subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions, the user submits to the jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa for all matters relating to or resulting from these Terms & Conditions.
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Any dispute regarding the access to or use of this website, the content thereof, and our Terms & Conditions shall be referred for expedited arbitration in terms of the rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa, to be heard in Pretoria, Gauteng, in English.